Deborah is a 30-year veteran of the banking and finance industry, blending her financial expertise with her mediation training. She is quickly able to gauge the financial landscape of each case and assess the strengths and weaknesses of the parties’ positions.
She is an attentive listener with strong process and interpersonal skills. She prepares intensively for each case and works diligently to reach resolution. Deborah Beylus advocates a simple philosophy: the vast majority of disputes can be settled with patience; persistence and follow up. She sees herself creating a collaborative process by empowering the parties to focus on finding a solution together.
Over the years, Deborah has met with many couples who have been involved in the trauma of divorce. She has also seen the destructive effects of litigation. Her goal is helping couples to divorce amicably and equitably. She is known as for her “hands on” evaluative approach that has established her reputation as an effective mediator. She is sensitive to the needs of the children of divorce as well as the needs of the divorcing parents.
Deborah’s unique style and approach can handle the difficulties of a high conflict family matter, a high dollar family dispute or a simple disagreement. Deborah handles divorce, modifications and paternity cases. Deborah works well with both unrepresented parties and parties with attorneys.
- Barnard College, Columbia University, Bachelor of Arts in Economics (1990)
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Program, Level II
Certifications and Affiliations
- Florida Supreme Court Certified Circuit Civil Mediator
- Florida Supreme Court Certified Family Mediator
- Florida Supreme Court Certified Dependency Mediator
- Florida Supreme Court Certified County Mediator
- Certified Divorce Financial Analyst™ (CDFA®)
- Former Statewide Residential Mortgage Foreclosure Mediator
- FINRA (Financial Industry Regulatory Authority) Arbitrator
- Florida Court Appointed Arbitrator
- Guardian ad Litem Program, 17th Judicial Circuit
- Contract Mediator for Broward County Court Mediation Program
- Former Contract Mediator for Dade County Court Mediation Program
Memberships and Associations
- Association of South Florida Mediators & Arbitrators (ASFMA), Member
- Florida Academy of Professional Mediators, Inc. (FAPM), Member
- Formerly Held Securities Licenses: NASD Series 7 (Registered Representative), Series 63 (Blue Sky) Series 16 (supervisory analyst) – Office of State Regulation, National Mortgage Loan Originator
Five Reasons Why You Should HireDeborah Beylus
- 1Deborah is a Certified Family Mediator, a Certified Circuit Civil Mediator and is trained in financial matters.
- 2Deborah recognizes neutrality as the crucial requirement in the role of a successful mediator. She has the ability to identify appropriate questions that will assist the parties see their own and the other party’s issues.
- 3Deborah recognizes that resolution is not the absence of conflict, but the presence of creative alternatives that responds to conflict.
- 4Deborah is sensitive to the emotions and constraints that a divorcing couple endure, and how it affects the children.
- 5Deborah is easily accessible and can conduct mediations either at her office in Boca Raton office, at your office or she can arrange a neutral convenient location. There is never a charge for travel.