Born and raised in New York, Deborah has lived in South Florida for over twenty years, spending much of this time working within the legal system. With over thirty years of financial industry experience, Deborah is able to quickly gauge the financial landscape of each case. Deborah is committed to sharing information that helps couples avoid long-term regret with financial decisions made during the divorce process. Her clients benefit from her ability to analyze financial data, develop budgets, and manage financial expectations. She is a Florida Supreme Court Subject Matter Specialist and trains mediators on the financial issues in family mediation. Additionally, Deborah has mediated thousands of divorces, successfully assisting in conflict management and transformation.
Deborah’s work as a mediator is geared towards encouraging the navigation of transitions from the current circumstances towards the ideal ones. This work lets her tap into what she’s learned from her own and others’ life experiences.
- Barnard College, Columbia University, Bachelor of Arts in Economics (1990)
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Program, Level II
Certifications and Affiliations
- Florida Supreme Court Certified Circuit Civil Mediator
- Florida Supreme Court Certified Family Mediator
- Florida Supreme Court Certified Dependency Mediator
- Florida Supreme Court Certified County Mediator
- Certified Divorce Financial Analyst™ (CDFA®)
- Former Statewide Residential Mortgage Foreclosure Mediator
- FINRA (Financial Industry Regulatory Authority) Arbitrator
- Florida Court Appointed Arbitrator
- Guardian ad Litem Program, 17th Judicial Circuit
- Contract Mediator for Broward County Court Mediation Program
- Former Contract Mediator for Dade County Court Mediation Program
Memberships and Associations
- Association of South Florida Mediators & Arbitrators (ASFMA), Member
- Florida Academy of Professional Mediators, Inc. (FAPM), Member
- Formerly Held Securities Licenses: NASD Series 7 (Registered Representative), Series 63 (Blue Sky) Series 16 (supervisory analyst) – Office of State Regulation, National Mortgage Loan Originator
Five Reasons Why You Should HireDeborah Beylus
- 1Deborah is a Certified Family Mediator, a Certified Circuit Civil Mediator and is trained in financial matters.
- 2Deborah recognizes neutrality as the crucial requirement in the role of a successful mediator. She has the ability to identify appropriate questions that will assist the parties see their own and the other party’s issues.
- 3Deborah recognizes that resolution is not the absence of conflict, but the presence of creative alternatives that responds to conflict.
- 4Deborah is sensitive to the emotions and constraints that a divorcing couple endure, and how it affects the children.
- 5Deborah is easily accessible and can conduct mediations either at her office in Boca Raton office, at your office or she can arrange a neutral convenient location. There is never a charge for travel.